Lord of The Flies

My reading is still going pretty well, however, I haven't read as much since my last blog because I've had work and AP testing to do. Anyways, I have finished 13 Reasons Why and since then, I've started reading a new book. Can you guess what book I'm reading right now ? That's right, right now, I am reading Lord of the Flies  by William Golding. Lord of the Flies is a young adult fiction novel. And like I said before, I usually don't prefer reading young adult fiction books / novels, but this was a pretty interesting book, I must say.

This novel is about a group of British schoolboys who are stranded on a deserted island after having their plane shot down and crashing on to it. The boys are all alone on the island with no adults and have to quickly learn to work together and fend for themselves in order to survive in nature. Along the way, they face many obstacles on the island as well as problems with each other.

Throughout this novel, there are many themes that are involved and lessons that the boys learn while stranded on this island. For example, the boys learn that they have to be able to communicate with each other and work together or less it will end in chaos. Another theme / lesson is civilization vs savagery. This theme has been shown throughout the entire novel because it shows that if there is no leadership and civilization, it will result in savagery.

These lessons can still be used in today's society because having a civilized community and environment can result in less wars and more peace for everyone. It would make the world less dangerous / harmful and more united and peaceful. It also shows why there needs to be rules and laws in society so that there's no chaos.





Comments

  1. I agree that this society needs to be unified and understand each other. In order for this world to maintain peace between countries, organizations such as the UN must exist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Reading Life

Addicted to Reading